Spring is in full swing and going by quickly. I swear we blinked and it was time to book our Spring Break vacation. Here are some Last Minute Easter Vacation Ideas in case you are running behind. We have gone on a Spring vacation for years so the list could go on forever. I am picking some well known areas and some you may never have heard of.
- Smoky Mountains. The Smoky Mountains in Tennessee have such a special place in our hearts. We found this little gem before it became the big touristy town. While the area has so much to offer guests, I will say the Mountains are by far still our favorite part. If you enjoy hiking I have a few articles for you here. Looking for more attractions? We have enjoyed the Titanic Museum, Magic Quest, Alcatraz Museum and Ripley’s Aquarium.
2. Charleston, West Virginia. It is located in the Appalachian Mountains giving you picturesque views as you get off the express way. Just wonder downtown to get a sense of the artsy atmosphere they have here. Visit the local book store, enjoy live music at night and several restaurants ready to serve you. If you have kids check out the Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences of West Virginia. We stayed nearby at the Stonewall Resort State Park. From the moment you enter the property it captivates you. The Resort is perfectly nestled in West Virginia’s rolling mountains surrounded by tranquil lake waters. From campers, families, couples, seniors to singles there is something here for everyone. The prices are reasonable and you really get an experience while here not just a overnight stay!
3. The Biltmore Estate. The Biltmore Estate was one of those places I never knew I needed to visit. Built in 1895, this majestic American Home Estate is as beautiful in person as it is in all the photos on the inter-webs. We managed to catch the Spring blooms and it was magical. The Asheville, North Carolina area has a ton to offer. I highly recommend the North Carolina Arboretum on a nice weathered day. The views, activities and food are great. My family and I have quickly fallen in love with hiking. Where we once booked vacations centered around beaches, we now search for places located by hiking trails and mountains. If you also enjoy adventures be sure to also add the Chimney Rocks State park on this trip!
4. 1000 Islands, New York. Hop on Uncle Sam’s Boat tours for a ride to the Boldt Castle. The restoration of the Castle is indescribable. If you know anything about my family we LOVE “Castles”. We stayed at the 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel while visiting the area. Stop by the Antique Boat Museum that have a repository of collected works, archived facts and the history of each artifact displayed.
5. Doylestown Pennsylvania. If architecture is your forte and you love looking at beautiful historical sites, you’ll enjoy visiting the Fonthill Castle. At the Mercer Museum you can find hidden things, like paw prints at all three locations… (Hint: Great activity for kids to participate in). They even have covered bridges in the area, walking trails at the Kids Castle park (pictured above). This area has a bunch of great things to see and do.
As Spring Break draws near I hope you truly book a little recharge trip. Weather you are with a family or just traveling solo experiences are so important. I hope you were inspired by some of these Last Minute Easter Vacation Ideas. Let us know if you have any other great places to travel. We are always looking for new destinations to visit.