“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous. Reasons to Visit the Fonthill Castle in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
If architecture is your forte and you love looking at beautiful historical sites, you’ll enjoy visiting the Fonthill Castle in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Built in the early 1900s, the beautiful castle was once home to an American archaeologist, Henry Chapman Mercer, and is quite a sight to see. Although it’s known as a castle, it’s a house with more than 44 rooms and over 200 windows. People come from areas across the country and worldwide to visit this piece of history firsthand for themselves.
Tips to Know Before Visiting the Fonthill Castle:
● Fonthill Castle is open every day of the week, except for Monday. If you’re planning to visit, you can choose any day between Tuesday and Saturday between 10 AM and 5 PM.
● The Fonthill Castle is a great spot to visit with the the whole family. It’s a great space for adults and little ones alike! We took our son and he had just as much fun explore and soaking up all the historic information our guide gave.
● Most people spend around 90 minutes exploring Fonthill Castle. While that isn’t an exceptionally long time, it’s more than enough time to enjoy yourself, learn something new, and have a fun yet educational experience. I found so many area I wanted to stop and photograph.
● Fonthill Castle has 18 fireplaces and 32 stairwells. Its impressive size is one of the many reasons people love to visit it. I will say it was a tad hot and humid on our visit so dress accordingly.
● People love exploring the ground and checking out the unique style of the architecture on the premises. I believe the only thing you pay for is a guided tour. They also hold classes in a nearby building.
Experience the natural beauty of a gorgeous, massive home built in the early 1900s when visiting the Fonthill Castle in Doylestown. It’s a great spot to explore with family and friends while learning more about the house’s history and how it has evolved over the years. Enjoy a fun, educational experience with such a simple adventure.
I hope you found my reasons to visit the Reasons to visit the Fonthill Castle in Doylestown Pennsylvania post helpful! Check out more local area attractions here.