I received a digital code to help facilitate my review of the Marvel Studios’ Eternals Defends Humanity Review . I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.
Film Synopsis of Marvel Studios’ Eternals:
Marvel Studios’ Eternals follow a group of ancient heroes from beyond the stars who had protected Earth since the dawn of man. When monstrous creatures called Deviants, long thought lost to history, mysteriously return, the Eternals are forced to reunite in order to defend humanity once again. The outstanding ensemble cast includes Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lia McHugh, Brian Tyree Henry, Lauren Ridloff, Barry Keoghan, Don Lee, Kit Harington, Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie.
● Audio Commentary – View the film with audio commentary by Chloé Zhao, Stephane Ceretti, Mårten Larsson
● Immortalized – Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe launches into the cosmos with the Eternals. In this behind-the-scenes documentary, dive deep into the reasons why Marvel wanted to immortalize these superheroes for the MCU.
● Walks of Life – Eternals unveils Marvel’s biggest and most diverse lineup of Super Heroes in one film. Hear reactions from the cast on being involved in the film and the instant sense of camaraderie that was felt on the day they all joined each other in their costumes.
● Gag Reel – Watch some of the hilarious mishaps of the charming cast and crew.
● Deleted Scenes ○ Gravity – Phastos and Jack have a conversation that leads to a breakthrough. ○ Nostalgia – Sprite and Makkari reminisce about humankind while overlooking the ruins of Babylon. ○ Movies – Gligamesh and Kingo connect over movies while crossing the Amazon River with the rest of the team. ○ Small Talk – Sprite confronts Dane in the museum about his interactions with Sersi.
My personal Marvel Studios’ Eternals Defends Humanity Review:
First let me say, we have watched all of the Marvel movies! I would consider this a more “stand alone” film. While they do make a few references of events in other Marvell films it was nothing so important you might be lost of you had never seen them. The setting takes place when the Eternals are left on Earth after they destroyed ( or so they thought) all Deviants ( a monster species).
I found this interesting that they basically could help humans and end suffering yet the writers choose for them to stay neutral for thousands of years. Yet, in the end they decided they wanted to save the planet Earth and all of the life forms on it. I would say the biggest draw back for me was the Eternals betrayal came from within. I don’t know if it’s just me but I find it hard to relate to moves with that plot twist. I personally enjoy when the “heroes” are fighting for a cease and rally to execute it. Although in the end that is what happens just not by some of the Eternals choice.
Have you had a chance to watch Marvel Studios’ Eternals Defends Humanity? What did YOU think??
Interested in some of my other DVD reviews? Head here.