This is a collaboration to create a Halos Holiday Snowman Craft with Wonderful Halos. All opinions expressed are my own. This is in FTC compliance.
Halos has graciously sent us some of their delicious mandarins to make a Wonderful Halos Holiday Snowman Craft! Check out the fun Valentine Halos Love Bugs Craft we did earlier this year, here. Even though my son is now a preteen, he still loves creating fun little crafts with his Mom. I can’t take any of the credit on this idea, it’s all thanks to Jodi Levine.
Create your very own snowman using these:
Recycled toilet paper cardboard tube
Black construction paper or card stock⠀
3 Wonderful Halos mandarins⠀
Small piece of carrot, cut into a small conical carrot shape⠀
Small clean twigs, we ended up using stir sticks
Toothpicks or wooden skewers⠀
A thick piece of yarn or felt cut to 11”⠀⠀
When I first got our box of halos my son whipped up a few of his own snowman creations. I would absolutely encourage fun like this because while I love the idea of this craft, Art is subjective. I just wanted to include both creations because at our house sometimes things come out different than maybe the Pinterest expectation. So if you notice his was Marvel themed. If you want to do the more traditional Halos Holiday Snowman Craft see instructions below!
1. Cut off a 1 ¼” piece of the cardboard tube and paint it black.⠀
2. While drying, make the hat brim. Trace a circle, around 3” in diameter, and cut it out. Use the cardboard tube to trace another circle in the center of your large circle and cut it out to make a donut shape. Use the tube to trace one more small circle for the hat top and cut it out. Glue the small circle to the top of the painted tube piece and the donut shape to the bottom.⠀
3. Push in two cloves to make the eyes and four for the mouth. Use a toothpick to poke a hole where you want the nose to go and push in the small carrot.⠀
4. Press three cloves in the second mandarin for buttons and push in twigs (or grape stems) for arms.⠀
5. Stack the three mandarins together and pierce toothpicks or skewers in as needed to help them stand up.⠀
6. Loosely tie the yarn or felt around the snowman’s neck to make a scarf. Place the hat on top. You can add a toothpick to the top of the head to help stabilize it.