“The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.”
― Joshua Becker
This time of year you will find us busy working on house projects. Nothing says bring on the nice weather then some music and de-cluttering the house. After months of looking at the clutter that has accumulated it is time to start organizing. I like to do this NOW so we can spend the rest of the Summer enjoying the great outdoors. Like any house chore, it is better to have a method to your madness so as not to feel completely overwhelmed!
**This is a sponsored post with Scott’s Liquid Gold. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.
7 Ways to Clean out your Clutter:
1. Stay focused- if you are committing to clean out the fridge don’t get distracted by the over piling of dirty dishes starring at you. Often times I get so distracted that I honestly forget why I go in rooms. By taking one task at a time I focus on the job at hand and can do it in more depth without distraction!
2. Use Cleaning Supplies- If you have any wood in your home I couldn’t recommend Scott’s Liquid Gold Wood Cleaners more! Scott’s Liquid Gold Wood Cleaner and Preservative restores, preserves and protects all types of natural wood. Their new product One Clean Home, is a multi-surface foaming cleaner for wood and more.
3. Commit to house projects. While I won’t lie to you this year I found out that we really slacked on house projects the past few years. Keeping up on daily maintenance would have saved us so much time, money, you name it!!
4. Start in one room and work your way to others. We have a toss basket, Sale box and what we will keep. As I clean, I also organize and sort items. By taking it one room at a time I don’t feel overwhelmed.
5. Keep only what you use. While I know many of you collect things, try to limit what you keep. A few collectibles are great but if you keep EVERYTHING the clutter can really start to dampen your spirits. Personally, clutter upsets me and I get really frustrated when my house is very cluttered. A good clean always helps fix that. Plus, if you are not use it chances are someone else can!
6. Sell you stuff! There are so many ways to sell things you are not using. Try having a sale like we did this past weekend. We made $700+ after having a $5 everything you can fit in a bag on the third day. Not only does it get rid of all the stuff you are not using but it also makes you some profit for items that were literally collecting dust! If a sale is not your thing try places like Thredup, Ebay, LetGo App, Amazon or Facebook Garage Sale groups.
7. Be a more focused buyer. After clearing out our house this past month I realized I am not a very focused buyer. We have several duplicate DVDs because we had forgotten what we had when we were out at stores. From now on I will be a bit better at this because I don’t want to have the as crammed as it had been before my massive clear out!
Do you Spring Clean??
How many of you have used Scott Liquid Gold products??