Ways to Enjoy Miami Florida. Spanning for two plus miles along Miami southeastern tip, this stretch of beach is graced with turquoise waves and white sand. Northerners like myself flock to it as an escape from the harsh winter weather. There are many things to see, experience, taste and enjoy whilst here!
Let’s explore my 7 Ways to Enjoy Miami Florida:
1. Take a cruise. The Miami Port is filled with different cruise-lines for every type of family and vacation. I just got off the Fathom Impact cruise to the Dominican Republic. They combine giving back activities with tropical excursions. It was such a life-changing trip that I would highly recommend it! If you are looking for other options check out, Carnival, Norwegian and Disney cruise lines! Each house different places to travel, experiences and on board fun.
2. Enjoy the beach. My hotel, Stanton South Beach, had beach access directly connected to it. I could use an umbrella, beach towel and enjoy the sand from only a few steps from my room. Build sand castles, fly kites, catch waves and just overall enjoy the sun. Just remember to wear and reapply sunscreen because temperatures can get up into the 90s plus quickly!
3. Talk a walk. I found so many great street art murals, statues and fascinating things to capture while in town. Vibrant artistic colors are all around the beach front and in the city. A few places even host walking tours you can enjoy! Just grab your camera and have a little photo stroll!
4. Visit Vizcaya Museum and Garden! If you only hit the beach and this you will NOT be disappointed. Enjoy this historic landmark that takes you back in time to 1910! Each room is detailed, designed and full of rich history to absorb. The gardens outside are breath taking to say the very least. Each sea formed statue greets you in as the flowers and landscape captivates you. Complete with a garden maze, grotto and lovely cafe! Here’s a tip: TRY the chocolate chip cookies in the cafe, to date, the best that has ever graced my cookie loving pallet!
5. Stay close to the beach. One big “problem” in Miami, is parking. The rates vary from place to place but average around $4 an hour. I suggest staying in a hotel close to the beach and take advantage of valet parking.Staying in the Stanton South Beach was so convenient! I enjoyed the luxury penthouse, with a panoramic view of Miami city and beach. Everything I needed was within walking distance without paying heavy parking fees. Great for families, couples or solo travelers! Another great tip: enjoy the rewards program and have access to daily breakfast, snack, drinks and outdoor patios.
6. Try new foods. Miami is graced with so many wonderful food possibilities. Enjoy food-chains or go out of your comfort zone and ask a local for recommendations. I had the pleasure of doing this and enjoyed Pizza Rustica! It was by far a personal favorite while in town and relatively inexpensive for the serving size given.
7. Be adventurous. Enjoy a day snorkeling, wind sailing, sail fishing, deep sea fishing, paddle boarding and more. The coast is lined with fun excursions for any type of family or friend group. I enjoyed snorkeling for the first time and it was truly a wonderful experience that I cannot wait to do again!
Have you ever traveled here?
If so what places did you enjoy?
I would love them to add them to my next trip; just leave me a comment below!