We might have never met but let me share something about me. I love wine. Not for excessive drinking. Simply a glass with dinner or for dessert might just be what the doctor ordered! Through my travels both on Press Trips for work, or on our own, we have enjoyed countless winery tastings.
Let me help you this Holiday Season with some great choices for Festive parties or to gift to your loved one’s. Some of these you might already enjoy and some I might be introducing you to. Either way, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. I personally enjoy the semi-sweet spectrum of wine and drinks. In time my pallet might broaden but for now it seems pretty settled on the sweeter things in life.
Tussock Jumper small bottle wine collection is a great stocking filler! I loved them so much I included them in my Holiday Gift Guide, here. Choose from the following: Pinot Noir, a Chardonnay, a Malbec, and a Pinot Grigio from France, Argentina, and Italy. Maybe a sparkling Prosecco from Treviso, Italy (a personal favorite) is more appealing? Whether a gift under the tree or a bottle to bring to Festive gatherings you will not be disappointed! Also check out Tussock Jumper’s AR app, each wine region’s ambassador ‘jumps’ off the bottle to help with wine pairings and recommendations.
Back in August, I was extremely lucky to explore the beautiful Lake Erie Wine Country in Pennsylvania. We toured, sampled and learned everything that goes into the delicious liquid from the Mazza family. The Mazza family started out with a small single vineyard and have grown to five locations featuring dozens of products, including wines, spirits and craft beers. My recommendations:
1. The South Shore Sparkling Chardonnay for my dry wine enthusiasts.
2. The Mazza 2016 Ice Wine for anyone who enjoys a liquid dessert.
3. last but not least the Barrel Wine from Five & 20 Spirits and Brewing located in Westfield, NY.
4. The Yatir Winery vineyards are planted at an altitude of up to 900 meters above sea level and are scattered across various locations in the forest. The plots in these vineyards have varying soil compositions, with different slants and angles. Gift this beautifully crafted set this Holiday Season. The Yatir Winery is one of Israel’s first wineries to have planted and produced wine from this challenging variety, originating in cool regions of the northern Rhone Valley.
Mionetto has always been a modern and innovative winery able to anticipate trends while maintaining at the same time a strong bond with the traditions of its homeland, a feature which still today sets it apart from other sparkling wine producers. Prosecco is a premium and prized wine for its combination of refreshing lightness and yet complexity of flavor. With its fine bubbles and a food-friendly low alcohol content (around 11%), the Prosecco is versatile. It can be enjoyed on its own as an aperitif, throughout an entire meal or in cocktails.
I suggest these:
5. Mionetto Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut
6. Mionetto Rosé Extra Dry-PRESTIGE Collection
7. Mionetto Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut AVANTGARDE Collection
When we can’t go out to wineries I also enjoy a wine subscription box called Winc. A great way to try new wines and flavors form the comforts of your home. Pick from red or white, dry or even sweet wines!
The four bottle I choose this month are:
8. 2017 Finke’s™ Sparkling White Blend
9. NV Eplevin Gravenstein Cider– I have a HUGE love of Hard Cider these days!
10. 2018 Finke’s™ Sparkling Chardonnay– dipping my toes in the dry spectrum
11. 2018 Loves Me Not Rosé
Hard Cider has been my new LOVE affair when it comes to adult beverages! After being sent these Strong Bow cans. I have been hooked! If you are a local Wegmans sell them in bottles. With only 100 calories per can, and no artificial flavors or colors, the new 100- Cal Slim Cans variety pack is a refreshing, light alternative to canned wines and hard seltzers – and perfect for those conscious of well-being. These variety packs will include:
12. (NEW) Dry Pear – a subtly-sweet pear-apple cider with a light, dry finish
13. Rosé Apple – a semi-dry apple-pear cider with a touch of red-flesh apple
14. Original Dry – a recently relaunched fan favorite offering a refreshing dry finish to England’s #1 Cider
15. Golden Hard Cider<– MY PERSONAL FAVORITE served in a glass bottle!
I know there is many more wines that NEED to be on this list.
Have a fabulous Holiday drink we should try??
Let us know in the comments below!