Sink full of dirty dishes? Household chores piling up all around you? you need these 10 End of Summer Kitchen Cleaning Tips. What do you do to make cleaning enjoyable? I do not know about you but cleaning is a chore and frankly that is how I feel about doing it. I love a clean house but a busy work/travel schedule and small child leave little time. Let alone the energy to enjoy the whole “cleaning process”. If you can relate to any of that then these Kitchen Cleaning tips are for you!
1. Purchase Quality appliances! Over the past few months we have had the Best Buy Geek Squad truck deliver new appliances to our home. I have owned the same one’s for around 13 years. It was time to change out the old appliances with new fingerprint-resistant stainless steel one’s! Not only do they help save money on your energy bill but they truly are such an great investment.
2. Turn on music while you clean. I find music can really relax you and put you in a positive mood. I even have Cleaning Playlists to help me get “pumped” to clean.
3. Work your way around the room. Before I had my son I would pick up something and put it away. From there I would do that same it that room. I realized it would cause so much more work because I would get distracted. Now, I start in one area of my kitchen and move my way around the room. As things get put away and I start to deep clean it the process takes less time and I feel more accomplished not so overwhelmed.
4. Replace your sponges regularly. I have tried so many methods of cleaning and sponges are still my go-to. Dampen a dirty sponge and microwave it on high for 60 seconds to kill bacteria. But once they look worn out, replace them!
5. Dedicate a specific amount of cleaning time and then set a timer. I use the stove timer for this. Work as fast as you can within this time and don’t let yourself get distracted. Having a cleaning playlist mentioned above also helps you stay focused.
6. Working from the top down, wipe down all cabinet doors, knobs, walls, back splash, light switches, counters, faucets etc. with your all purpose cleaner.
7. Purchase quality cleaning supplies. I have read so much research about different chemicals in cleaning agents. In my experience I have found spending a little more on quality products the jobs get done right the first time. After I clean the kitchen I have no streaks or dust and feel confident my kitchen is ACTUALLY clean!
8. Clean appliances together. I start the microwave but spraying it with cleaner and letting it sit and same with the oven. This way both things are soaking up the cleaner and I can work in other areas. I usually tackle the refrigerator while they are “peculating”.
9. Use bins in your pantry and refrigerator to cut down on spills. I invested in small bin containers to put our kid drinks in, my coffee creamer, jelly, yogurt etc. This helps with spilling and my fridge always look clean. If there is a spill it is contained in the bins. I just take it out and clean it out it out having to take all of my fridges con-taints out like before.
10. Do not stress about the among of work you may or may not have. I find having a positive outlook really helps make things not seem so overwhelming. Phew!! You made it! Now it is time to relax and enjoy your beautiful clean kitchen until it is time to cook again!
Are you looking for new appliances too?
Here are a few wonderful qualities of the BOSCH 800 Series dishwasher.
1. Every Bosch dishwasher is ENERGY STAR qualified and meets or exceeds federal guidelines, for year-round energy savings
2. Sanitize Option reduces 99.9% of bacteria with patented CrystalDry™ technology delivers 60% better drying results.*
*Based on aggregate average drying performance of Bosch Dishwashers with CrystalDry on combined household load including plastics, glass, steel, and porcelain as compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry. Drying performance may vary by dish type.
3. With PrecisionWash, intelligent sensors continually scan and check the progress of dishes throughout the cycle, and powerful spray arms target every item of every load, for the ultimate clean.
4. Extremely quiet operation (42 dBA)- incorporates 18 unique sound-reducing technologies such as multiple insulation layers, grindless food filtration, and a sound absorbing base
5. Large interior provides the loading flexibility to easily accommodate 16 place settings, and Bosch’s largest 3rd rack- the MyWay rack provides additional loading space for cereal bowls and large utensils.
6. Rackmatic® adjustable upper rack easily adjusts to 9 different positions, to allow taller items like stemware to fit in the middle rack while leaving room for bulky items below. The flip tines make loading wide bowls easy and ball bearing wheels provide a smooth glide.
Do you research if you are in the market for appliances!!
Use any of these 10 End of Summer Kitchen Cleaning Tips?
I would LOVE to here about them in the comments!!