This post is in collaboration with Verizon . All opinions (and memories!) are my own.
Last year we didn’t have a long list of people to buy for. I personally don’t have a large family but I married into one. By hosting hockey players in our home this year we doubled our Shopping list. We have 2 teenagers (and their families) on our list now. YAY!! Let me tell you, adding teenagers to the mix really changes your Christmas List up a bit! Where toys seemed to overtake my shopping, now technology does. Verizon has my back with their NEW Family Tech website. Perfect for parents like us who maybe have fallen out of “What’s cool” and “hip” yet want to WOW them! I found some great tech resources, product reviews and gift ideas on the website as well. Today, I’m sharing my favorite tech gifts for the teenagers who might be on your list!
1. The Bose Bluetooth speaker. This wireless speaker, with it’s 360–degree, delivers superior sound in every direction! I have actually talked once before about it’s superb sounds here. Fill up the room with deep, loud, immersive bass, so everyone in the house can enjoy.
Having the teenagers in the house was an adjustment. Not because they were awful but because they were so….shy. We never imagined hockey players would be shy. Thinking back on it…I guess if you are thousand miles from home and living with a new family you would be a bit timid. They live in our finished basement so we don’t really hear much of what goes on down there. Until one evening we heard sounds from their speaker followed by them yelling things like “Welcome to (insert the town we live in) and “hashtag smell this”. I laughed until I cried! To this day we still joke with them about it!
Which brings me to my next gift idea, Wireless headphones 😉!
2. Wireless Headphones- My suggestion are the Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones. They are on the pricer side BUT what you get is QUALITY!! These particular headphones deliver adaptive noise canceling, which actively blocks outside sounds and distractions. I personally use wireless headphone to listen to music when I am writing. Perfect for listening to music while doing homework or pre-game motivation!
3. The Nest Cam Security Camera. Sending off our teens to college is hard. Their bedrooms that once were full are now empty. Gift them: piece of mind for their dorms or apartments. I will never forget the day I was waiting for my son and another kid was walking down the hall with my son’s hockey equipment. He saw my son’s expensive stick, wanted it and took it. Luckily I got it back immediately but I take security VERY seriously around here!
The Nest Cam Security Camera lets them keep an eye on what matters most to them. Even if they are not home. This device has 24/7 live video streaming that goes directly to your mobile device or tablet. You can even set up alerts if something happens and watch footage live in super clear 1080p HD.
4. Verizon Smart Family – your new partner in parenting.
The Verizon Smart Family program lets you know where your kids are by tracking their device. It also allows you to limit what they see on their devices by setting content filters. This is perfect for younger teens who are just starting out in the technology world or your veteran teens who have a more freedom.
5. Fitbit Ionic. We house two talented athletes so I have to suggest something that fits their lifestyle. Not just a workout band but so much more!! The Fitbit Ionic automatically records one’s sleep patterns and gives suggestions for a better night’s rest! Optimize your routine. Craft your ultimate workout and get step–by–step coaching right from your wrist. Stay motivated with on-screen guidance that adapts based on your input. Monitor your heart rate zones with PurePulse® and use GPS/GLONASS to automatically record distances and new routines.
We could not be more pleased to have this opportunity to host hockey players in our home this year and many more years to come! They truly add something that we never imagined was missing! These gift ideas are just a few that I have found to be useful. I will be sharing what gifts I think are great for kids 12 and under next month!!
Please feel free to give us more suggestions in the comments below!
I am always looking for great gift ideas for teenagers.