Christmas is such a hectic time of year for parents. We are running around trying to decorate, buy gifts and make Christmas parties. I remember when these things used to be so enjoyable and easy to do. Somehow with little one’s in tow things start to feel more like a chore rather than the “happiest time of the year”! Here are some great Holiday Baby Gift Hacks to help you get through this busy time of the year. From gift ideas to ways to save money I think you will find a little something for everyone.
1. Board books (who doesn’t love books?!) however don’t waste your money on the normal paper back books at the baby age. Pages will get torn, ripped up or eaten which make board books easier. You can find board books at second hand stores.
2. This is the age when many are transitioning from baby to little person and your both ready to start venturing out into the world. Buying experiences is such a good gift hack. Those swim lessons, dance, and music classes are always something that your little one is going to love! So why not purchase them for the holidays? They tend to run specials or deals to start classes for the new year.
“This review was made possible by iConnect Influencer Management, Luvs was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.”
3. If you haven’t had the wonderful experience of teething it is coming very soon. Now is a great time to think about finding what you’d like to use for teething. I loved the boo-boo bunny wash cloth craft that I made. I googled instructions to making the bunny and when teething started we wet the bunny and froze it! Sometimes websites like Pinterest can be your best friend for easy to make gift hacks!
4. Sensory board or games. These are extremely easy to create and rather inexpensive. You can use many items you already have around your house. I created so many for my little one over the years!
5. Let’s talk Interactive & educational toys VS regular toys. When you little one is a baby they really have no idea about the Christmas season. They are so young you could wrap a box and they would be happy just the same. Try to find games that help aid in education or that will keep them stimulated. This will give you the most bang for your buck.
6. Next season outfits will be on sale!! I often even shop the day after Christmas to stock up for the coming year. Everything is 50-75% OFF. This is the time to stock up without breaking your bank.
7. Arts and craft supplies are always a great hack. If you do not feel very crafty just invest in some supplies. These will get used and are a perfect gift for little one’s. It is an investment for activities you both can enjoy as they grow.
8. Find Learning games! It is never too early to start colors/shapes/numbers! I often gift these types of gifts along with books to little kids. Every year they get these types of gifts from me because literacy is important. They are all life skills they WILL use later in life so why not encourage them through a gift?
9. Buy/Stock/gift baby supplies, Luvs diapers, shampoo, lotion, toothbrush and toothpaste. Parents have to buy this anyways why not help them out? When you’re an experienced mom you don’t trust something because it costs more, you trust that it works! I love gifting practical things to expectant/parents. These things can add up so why not shop deals and use a coupon to gift some deals their way?
10. Make your gifts this year. I hinted that getting creative can help save you money. I gave a diaper cake as a gift and it was such a hit!! Here is the easy to create tutorial link. I used the Luv diapers with NightLock Plus. They were softer and had large stretch tabs for easy fastening. This created the great “cake” look while giving the new Mom a quality product. These diapers also are more absorbent and have ultra-leakage protection with a money-back guarantee!! What a great gift to give and they it looks so professional but took little effort on my part!
Do you have Holiday Baby Hacks I missed, What are they?
Have you tried the Luv diapers with NightLock Plus??