Dogs are a magnificent creatures. They can become domesticated animals that are around when you need them. They can lift someone up from a disability and become service animals. They fight along side many of our military in combat. What are ways you can show them love in return for such faithfulness?
“This post was made possible by iConnect and Petcurean. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.“
1. Give them a secure and safe home. The first dog we ever rescued came straight from dirt floor housing. She had nothing nor even knew how to drink water.
2. Give them a proper diet. Being healthy is not just about what they eat but what is in the food they consume. Petcurean recipes for example, are made with premium, nutritious ingredients to meet specific needs of dogs and cats. All ingredients are sourced from North America, New Zealand, and Australia.
3. Let them have access to water. keeping your pet well hydrated shows a sense of security. Obviously, you want to make sure you are not giving them to much so they have accidents i the house so be mindful.
4. Train you dog. Starting your puppy at a young age what to expect in your home is key. House break them to get a schedule routine going. Search out training classes in your area to help discourage aggregation.
5. Keep your home clean. I understand we all have jobs and get busy. Taking the time to make sure they do not swallow something on the floor or trip and hurt themselves takes little to no effort. With a little one crawling around I already do this.
6. Take long walks with them. Try not to get in the habit of just letting them in the fenced in backyard. Or strapped to a leash outside. They need to work off energy and this helps them bond with you.
7. Give them rewards. Hugs, kisses, allowing them to cuddle with you or treats. SPIKE jerky treat line induces belly-baring, lip quivering and uncontrollable drooling in dogs. The treat products from Petcurean include four jerky-style treats for dogs – each with a novel protein, including duck, catfish, and turkey recipes.
8. Give them toys! We used to DIY dog toys for the longest time! Re-purposing our old t-shirts honestly made the best toys for dogs who enjoyed chewing.
9. Allow them to go to a dog park. They are a great way to encourage play between other canines. They also are a great way for you to meet like minded dog lovers.
10. Keep up to date with vet visits and your dog’s health. Dogs can get sick so quickly. We have suffered a few dogs passing due to illness. I would hate to see others go though this…
Want to try out Petcurean use this code: PS102ZW997 for $5 off.
Or you can try and win what I have been raving about!!
Enter below to Win:
One 6lb bag Dog kibble
One 4lb bag Cat kibble, Winner’s Choice!