When we found out a Whole Foods Market was coming to our local area excitement entered our bones. We have several wineries, breweries and farms around us but having a place to bring them all together is so beneficial. I wanted to be at opening day so badly but was traveling on a Press Trip. I heard lines stretched out of the store as many locals gathered to see what the new store would bring to our area. From all of the comments, photos and social media sharing it looked as though Whole Food Market did NOT disappoint.
I was convinced, I too, had to go and experience what the buzz was all about. If you are like me and waited I hope these 15 reasons will encourage you to stop in and shop around!
1. They are conveniently located and easy to find. Just type in Whole Foods Market in Buffalo to a GPS or google map app and the directions are super simple.
2. The store lay out is extremely easy to shop . Grab a cart and you are placed in the produce section first.
3. They have a few different types of shopping carts perfect for all families, shopping trips and special needs you may have!
4. Stop and smell the roses, no really! They are fresh, well cared for and perfectly priced! Also, take a look in the potted plant section if you love succulents they have a GREAT selection.
5. Download the Whole Food Market app. This helps you find great weekly deals and digital coupons you can use on your trip!
6. Stop at the customer Service desk for great activities, deals and any promotions they may be having.
7. Get familiar with the kids club they offer. While I was in the store they had a wonderful snack program pictured below.
8. Enjoy the Dock to Store seafood section. I was so enamored by the different kinds of fish, crabs, claims, oysters and seafood they offered. Some of these I had never seen before but only made me want to try them that much more!
9. I know demos are not happening every day BUT they do offer them. TRY things! I found some great chicken and or fish nugget while there because I tried a sample!
10. Whole Food Market is a great place to stock up on Game day supplies. Just so happens my favorite team is the Buffalo Bills (even if they don’t win) so I appreciated the buffalo decorations ( even though I know it was only up because we were in Buffalo, NY)! If you are looking for new beers to try out or even fill a growler they have them here!
11. Many of the items are local. Support locals by shopping and trying out their products! I love trying new things and finding great products from our area to support them. Think about it: By building each others business up we are creating a stable community and environment for our kids!
12. Check out the butchering room. While some might be a bit taken back by this I found it reassuring. My meat was FRESH and well handled. From farm to butcher to my dinner plate I know the products I am getting are well cared for.
13. Stop in and enjoy a meal at Bar 1818. Locally sourced ingredients help develop a tasty menu anyone can enjoy. You can also stop in and enjoy a cold beverage and watch TV.
14. They also have a real life size bocce ball area. I thought this was such a wonderful idea for those of use with kids, family in town or anyone who likes to play!
15. Whatever reason you decide to visit the new Whole Foods Market in Buffalo, NY I hope your experience was as good as ours! We honestly had so much fun walking the isles, shopping, enjoying a meal and finding new items to try out. I will be back if for nothing else than this tasty BBQ burger (pictured above) I order on our last visit!
Follow @WholeFoodsBuffalo on Instagram for more updates!