If you have traveled to Vegas, having your kids along with you probably is far from your mind. I am here to tell you there is so much more to Las Vegas (in my opinion) than casinos. We certainly had fun on our last trips wandering the Vegas Strip and surrounding areas. I hope you enjoy these 9 Kid Friendly Activities in Las Vegas, suggestions. If I missed some add them in the comments below!
1. Explore outside of the Las Vegas area!! The mountains are beautiful and probably one of my favorite parts of our trips. The first time we ventured to the area we stumbled upon a wonderful little town, Boulder City. Picture antiques, hot rods, fun street art murals and sculptures. Great things to see, purchase and overall it has several things for not only kids but adults too!
2. I would suggest driving down the road from Boulder City to Lake Mead and the Hover Dam. These views are so incredibly breath taking you just can’t help but stop and take photos. The Hoover Dam costs $10 to park but I feel it is well worth it if you enjoy the views. We skipped the tours and just guided ourselves around.
3. Ever watch the movie “A Walk to Remember”? On Mandy Moore’s bucket list she wants to stand in two places at once. Well, my friends you can at the Hoover Dam. It rests between Nevada state and Arizona. This is a neat thing to do with you kids and my son personally got a real kick out of it!
4. Stop at the Welcome Centers. There are several around to choose from and each one is a little bit different. Several have interactive kids areas. The one located by Lake Mead for instance has several animals and fun educational games kids can play. They also have a fossil drawing craft. So even have different species of cacti on display you can walk around and photograph.
5. This list would not be complete without some things you can do on the actual Vegas Strip. Many of the Casino/ Hotels have activities you can do with your whole family. The Flamingo Casino/Hotel for instance has a Flamingo habitat (FREE to visit). The Mirage hotel has a Dolphin and White tiger wildlife habitat. The Mirage also has a Volcano (along with amazing fountains) out front that goes off at night which is pretty fun to do!
6. The Venetian has indoor and outdoor Gondola Rides. If you do not want to spend the money they also have fountains inside their hotel/courtyard. They also have a food court, shopping center and singers that preform throughout the day for your entertainment. I also want to mention they have the BEST $10 “Quick fix” messages!
7. I am going to go out on a limb and say you have heard of the Caesar Palace and the Bellagio. I would be remiss if I did not mention their fountains and gardens. The Bellagio fountains preform every 1/2 hour in daylight and at night. Each show we watched happened to be different and memorizing. If you catch a show during the day also enjoy one at night time as they are lite with lights and music!
8. Take the 17 mile-ish drive to Red Rock Canyon. I wanted to visit on our first trip and just did not have the time. After taking our son this trip I have been kicking myself. This was the highlight of the trip! Each mountain and outlook features something a little different. So many hiking trails and things to do it is worth the $7 fee to get in. Since it is a State Park your child can also earn a Junior Ranger Badge!
9. Stay somewhere kid friendly. This might seem like a no brainier but bare with me because Vegas can be VERY over whelming at first. We have stayed at a few hotels in the area and not all of them are meant for families. The Palace Station for instance has pools, restaurants along with the adult casinos and bingo hall. The Luxor has some great Egyptian themed rooms but the shows are geared to an older (teenage to adult) crowd (Blue Man Group, Titanic, Body exhibit).
Have you traveled to Vegas with kids? Did we miss some great activities? Was this 9 Kid Friendly Activities in Las Vegas helpful?