We have been overly excited to see the NEW At Home come to town. Anxiously waiting for it to open and enjoy all of the wonderful home items! We are drastically downsizing our home square footage. When I say drastic……from 2000 to 800 square feet! Here are some great tips to help you decorate a space space using great decor items we found whilst shopping!
This post is in collaboration with momselect I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.
1. Shop for quality! We found so many great quality items at a fraction of the cost of retail stores!
2. Scan the College and Back to school section in At Home. You can find some great organizational options in the Back to School sections along with discounts! Speaking of “Back to School” they have a AWESOME check list you can take advantage of if you are in the market. I love this and it helps me find the items I might need or want for my small space as well!
3. Scan the front room decor displays as you walk into the store. They are set up to give you ideas for small spaces and on a budget.
4. Also check the Last Chance bins. These are usually located by the registers and have out of Season or Last call items at a fraction of the price!
5. Shop for Pillows! Small spaces generally do not have a lot of room to hang pops of color so use throw pillows too! They give textures and color to any room.
6. Add greenery to a room. I love adding both fake and real plants in rooms to give visual appeal and help air quality!
7. Stick to neutral furniture. I recommend for larger furniture to stick to basic tones and use pops of color.
8. Stack items that are different sizes. Just because you have a small room does not mean you cannot stack items. I love pairing square pieces with round and give the illusion of space. Just remember to not go over board and make the room look cluttered.
9. Organize! They have so many great organizational options in the store take advantage of them!!! Think drawer organizers, dressers, office caddies etc.
10. Go with your gut. I I often find pieces that I am drawn to and think man where would that even go and do I need it? If I keep revisiting it I just pick it up. This could be my inspiration for the room I just might not know it yet!
I hope these will help you decorate a small space or Dorm room. At Home also offer great workshops you can attend every third Saturday of the Month and they giveaway gift cards and coupons!